5.22.2008

Yay? Nay?

I've been looking for a smallish table lamp for my living room for months. I've looked just about everywhere, and not found much that I liked. Part of the problem is that it really needs to be small! My living room furniture is on a very small scale, and even smallish normal table lamps seem too large for the space.

Today, however, I found some promising candidates on etsy, from seller Mariposa Avenue! The lamp shades are made from recycled tin cans, painted and with designs punched in them. Very unique, and I appreciate the "green" aspect of them. They're small, too. But are they ugly? I can't decide. You tell me. I think they're cute, but I'm not sure how well they match with my other decor... Which is mostly vintage. Here are the couple I'm considering.


They look pretty cool lit up!



I think the colors of the blue one would go better in my living room, but the flower design is almost too chintzy. The third option is to contact the seller, and ask for a custom lamp... White base, blue shade, and some sort of retro/mid-century modern-inspired pattern stamped in the shade. Boomerrangs, maybe?

2 comments:

Pablito said...

They look cool, but if you're looking for a lamp that provides light, you might want to look elsewhere. Same goes for any shades made of a dark or thick material. If you're only looking for aesthetics, then you're good.

Gary said...

I think they look good lit up, but they are kinda ugly when they are not. Just my 2 cents.....