3.04.2008

Still waiting.

Some two weeks later, I'm still waiting for all the crap at the house next door to be picked up. I'm waiting to pursue the issue with city council until after the election today; I don't want to keep emailing the guy I like if he's not going to win. I hope he does, though. I voted for him this morning.

I had hopes that this would all be resolved, because there have been people at the house working, constantly. Every day a different car is parked in the driveway. But the pile of crap outside remains. I was told today via email with the city's "Action Center" that Code Compliance had dropped the complaint, because they were told the property owner had hired someone to complete the pick up. Yeah, they picked up some of it, but not all of it. Why would the city just take a slumlord's word that he would get this done? Again, I keep coming back to the fact that the property owner is a prominent business man in town. Why do I have to keep prodding Code Compliance to complete their job??

I'm trying to get the straight story from the Action Center, and first thing tomorrow when I know who my city council person will be, I'll be emailing them the entire exchange. And if the candidate I voted for wins, I'll also be sending in pictures of every property this slumlord owns, because I believe he'll help me pursue substandard housing violations. If the other candidate wins, I'm not so sure I'll have help from my city council.

3 comments:

Pablito said...

Just out of curiosity, who is this mysterious candidate you speak of? And are you in Ward 4? I abstained from voting, which may be a practice run for November, because all I really knew about the election was that I could count on Carol. For what, you ask? I don't know, the flier didn't specify.

Suzy Home-Improver said...

Bah, it was Gregory Jungman! And I just checked, he lost. :( It was close though. Carol got 53% of the vote and Gregory got 43%. Dangit.

Pablito said...

Sorry I couldn't have helped your candidate. I think my whole family lives in Ward 4. And I think they voted for Carol, because they too are slumlords. Like Hillary. Slumlord of Ohio and Texass.