1.16.2008

Dining goodness!

I bought the table! It's mine! I love it. Here are some pictures of it in my dining room.






Quite a steal, I'd say, for only $115. And it's in really good condition. Only a couple water rings and other marks on the table top. It feels like a *real* table, compared to what I had before. It's also the perfect size for the room. I'm finding that to be maybe not such a coincidence- I realized the other day that all of my vintage MCM furniture is the perfect scale for my built-in-1950 house. I think I'd have a tough time maintaining the appropriate scale if I were buying all new, contemporary furniture.

Anyways, now the real fun begins. I want to recover the chairs, obviously. That icky brown leather doesn't do much for me. I'm having a tough time finding a fabric I like in an upholstery weight. So far the only contender is this print by Alexander Henry:


And I'm not sure I even like it all that much. It's hard to tell if the green would be right. I'm trying to make everything go with this marimekko fabric I have hanging on the walls:


I really want something BRIGHT on the chairs, so preferably it would be white, aqua, or lime green, or a mix of these three. Some brown as an accent would be okay. I guess I'll keep looking!

No comments: