2.03.2008

New bathroom hardware

Last week I got my hardware in from rejuvenation.com. I'm pretty pleased with the results!


Here is a close-up of the knobs, which are black glass.


And here's a shot of them with the new switchplate cover, which is an oil-rubbed bronze finish.


I think they're a classy addition to the bathroom, and definitely add some "gravitas" to an otherwise girly and very light space. I am still on the hunt for a new towel ring and towel bar.

In other random news, the house to the east of me has a "for rent" sign out. Looks like I'll be getting new neighbors soon. I've got half a mind to call the number on the sign, and ask when they plan on moving their branches from the ice storm. There are still several *huge* branches that fell in their yard during the storm, that are all right up against my fence. Considering our recent fire danger, it's kind of dangerous! I'd also like to ask if they plan on making the necessary repairs to the house before new renters move in. They have an exterior door on their kitchen like I do, but this door is a wood door that is obviously not meant to be an exterior door. It is painted in white paint that is obviously not meant to be weather-proof exterior paint. The paint has chipped into large sections that run the length of the door, and they're completely loose from the door, so they actually flap in the wind. It's quite ugly, and very visible from my front porch. The un-protected wood door is a lovely termite draw, roughly ten feet from my house.

No comments: